CYBER WARNING: BEWARE OF FRAUD
Elite is committed to the online safety and security of models. Individuals impersonating Elite representatives attempt to solicit and exploit models on the internet. These individuals may attempt to contact you through online social media platforms or e-mail and arrange interviews using Skype or webcams. Elite will never contact you in this manner and does not recruit its models through e-mail solicitations. If you are solicited to engage in an online interview by anyone claiming to be a representative of Elite, please immediately call 212.529.9700 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Below is some information to help keep you safe online:
- Do not disclose personal information about yourself online like your home address, date of birth or other personally identifiable information.
- Beware of requests to perform modeling interviews via Skype. We never request photos in the nude or in lingerie, and we never require the payment of money to audition.
- Be cautious of urgent requests. Cyber criminals will often create a sense of urgency when trying to defraud you.
- Try to verify the identity of individuals you are communicating with online by calling or emailing the company they claim to work for.
- Never reply to emails that request your credit card details, password or other data. Elite will NEVER request such data by email.
- If you are the victim of an online scam, please report it to Internet Crime Complaint Center at https://www.ic3.gov. Please note that when completing the online report, you may skip the Financial Transaction section and go straight to the Description of Incident section.